Marshall Flats, Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument #823
Built: 1905 Declared: 11/02/2005
The original Colonial Revival front duplex was designed in 1905 by the architectural firm of Oliver Dennis & Lyman Farwell, and is located across the street from Arthur Benton’s own home. Mrs. Marshall was so impressed with Benton and his work that she had him design a one-story cottage at the rear of the property in 1907. In 1913, she had Benton redesign the cottage into the present two-story flats. Both structures have been restored to the appearance that existed after the completion of the 1913 changes.