Lento Brick Court, Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument #986
Built: 1928 Declared: 07/13/2010
Lento Brick Court, located in Echo Park, was designed in 1928 by Conrad Martin Ellington and Frank B. Chambers. This complex is an excellent example of courtyard housing, with Renaissance Revival style features. Exhibiting a “U court” plan arranged on a downward slope, the site consists of five buildings, two two-story and three onestory, with ground-level storefronts on Sunset Blvd.